PRESS RELEASE - Dropsafetyequipment.com and START Work Fundamentals Launch
Greetings Safety Professionals,
Today is a great day. With the start of 2018, KEY-BAK Pro is proud to announce the launch of 2 new Dropped Object Prevention online tools.
Brand New KEYBAK Pro Website: dropsafetyequipment.com
Our Brand-new website, DropSafetyEquipment.com will be an industry resource for learning about and deploying Dropped Object Prevention (DOP). Our goals are simple:
- Educate on the danger of falling object not only to the worker, but also the workers and their company’s investment.
- Make deployment of D.O.P. simple and easy to follow.
- Keep you informed on new industry recommended practices, standards and regulation, including the new ISEA 121 Standard due to be released THIS YEAR on dropped object prevention!
- Bring all industries into the fold and help them speak the same language.
- Launch D.O.P. fundamentals that instruct on how to prevent harm and deploy continuous improvement to prevent drops from occurring.
- Provide a platform to share safety best practices and launch the D.O.P Connect Blog.
- START Work Fundamentals
In today’s world, most companies exercise and promote Stop Work Authority, or the right workers must stop work if they determine it is not being done safely. This is a very good practice, but it is reactionary and doesn’t PREVENT unsafe actions from occurring in the first place. An improved mindset is to promote when can work START.
KEYBAK Professional is pleased to announce a 5-part approach to work at height safety to prevent dropped object injuries and/or damage to property or equipment.
The, START WORK Fundamentals are broken down into 5 segments: STOP, THINK, ATTACH, REPORT, TRACK
- Before commencing any work at height, be sure a comprehensive DOP Plan is in place or the work should be STOPPED.
- THINK before you work. The worker is ultimately responsible for following all COMPANY safety policies and procedure.
- Always ATTACH tools to Tested and approved Tool Tethers and Tool Tether Anchors.
- Continuously promote workers to REPORT their observation and incidents to ensure continuous improvement of the safety system.
- TRACK meaningful safety indicators at the place where the work is being done to visually manage and improve the safety policy.
This program is intended to give guidance on when work can START, how to tether tools safely so others can START work, and how to continuously improve the safety management system so that work doesn’t need to STOP.
To download the START Work Fundamentals and associated documents so you can empower your employees to START working safer, visit www.dropsafetyequipment.com and click on, “Download S.T.A.R.T. Program”.