WE NEED SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO HELP PEOPLE AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT WCC
We are seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager, reporting to the CEO, who has demonstrated success managing the HR department of a small to medium-sized company, with a minimum of 7-12 years’ experience in both strategic and generalist HR responsibilities. Apply at email@example.com.
Title Human Resources Manager
Reports to President/CEO
Job and Opportunity Summary
Our employee-owned company, West Coast Corporation (WCC), is growing and profitable, with core product lines and new products that are helping working people live safer and more productive lives. We have talented, positive, can-do people who are tackling new challenges as we grow and seek continuous improvement. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit, offering opportunities for personal and professional growth. If you’re a Human Resources Professional who is interested in making a difference company-wide, WCC may have a place for you.
The Human Resources Manager will have both longer-term strategic and day-to-day responsibilities. This position is of strategic importance because we need a talented leader to nurture our very team oriented, supportive culture as we continue growing. This person will manage the day-to-day administration of WCC’s human resources policies, procedures and programs, taking responsibility for employee relations, benefits, compensation, training and development, organizational and departmental development, and Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS). Additionally, and with an emphasis for recruiting and training, this person will be responsible for increased team effectiveness and supporting the career growth of our people.
WCC is an employee-owned (ESOP) company of approximately 60 team members in Ontario, California. We’re known world-wide as the inventor of products that have become “American Classics” according to the New York Times. We serve customers globally with a wide range of products under the brands KEY-BAK, KEY-BAK Pro, and Boomerang Tools. Our products are handheld size mechanical devices found in diverse markets including hardware, hotel, health care, casino and gaming, manufacturing, security and law enforcement, and outdoor activities such as fishing and hunting.
Our Core Purpose is to help working people live more productive lives. We have six Core Values that guide the way we do business with each other, our customers, our vendors, and our channel partners. We also value personal and professional growth, diversity, and a collaborative, team-centered work environment. We work together to create, manufacture, promote and sell exceptional products and deliver award winning service. While we have competitors, we design and build our products with clear differences that compel customers to buy from us.
- Continue to nurture and develop our strong company culture by promoting programs and activities in support of our Core Values.
- Manage the recruitment process.
- Establish an in-house employee training system.
- Develop and implement a performance management system.
- Provide primary HR support to employees regarding company policies, benefits and HR processes and programs.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement, best practices, and new approaches to enhance organizational productivity in alignment with the strategic goals of the company.
- Maintain employee-related databases, analyzing data and reporting to management as necessary.
- Partner with accounting and payroll to maintain the payroll database.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent people development and team-building skills.
- The ability to effectively collaborate. Strong interpersonal, communication and organization skills, a high degree of enthusiasm, a can-do attitude and strong commitment to excellence.
- Evidence of the consistent practice of a high level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations including EEO, HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
- Must be a conscientious, self-directed, self-starter who enjoys and exhibits pride in his or her work and actively seeks challenges resulting in the betterment of the team and the Company’s business results.
- Must have the ability to quickly learn new things and incorporate them into work assignments.
- Proven track-record of getting multiple projects done well, on-time, and on-budget.
- Demonstrated track-record of moving fast.
- Competency with HRIS systems and basic business software (Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Spanish language skills would be very helpful.
- 7 to 12 plus years of progressive leadership experience and demonstrated success in Human Resources positions.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training. Experience working with ESOP plans (in employee-owned companies) a plus.
- Experience working with employees in both office and manufacturing (light assembly) settings.
- Minimum BA, BS or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development or equivalent.
- Membership and active involvement in industry or professional organizations is desired as an indication of a self-starter and continuous learner.
More About West Coast Corporation
Our senior management team has been with the company for many years and has demonstrated the ability to consistently run a profitable company by providing clear direction and the resources to succeed in a people-centered, entrepreneurial environment. As an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) company all employees are shareholders and owners (after a standard qualification period). As owners, our people engage their entrepreneurial and business instincts to work as part of a small team that is making things happen, building value, and creating American jobs. We offer very competitive compensation to top-notch people who help us accelerate the growth of an exceptional company. Compensation is dependent upon qualifications and includes a competitive base salary plus potential for performance bonuses.
We are growing year-over-year with existing and new products, along with acquisitions, all of which create opportunities for professional growth. We believe all employees have a direct impact on our business and our shared future.
- Selected potential candidates will be required to submit to pre-employment drug testing, background and reference checks, and a medical evaluation.
- While relocation support may be available, we have a demonstrated track-record of success and preference for hiring local candidates who know and are comfortable with the area where we work.
- West Coast Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize the value of diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by state or federal law.
- Additional information about our company and brands is available from wcc-mfg.com.