TOOLMATE™ RETRACTABLE TOOL TETHER
KEY-BAK’s new retractable tool tether provides a safer work environment by reducing the risk of lanyard entanglement and falling object incidents that could lead to personal injury and property loss. 5lb work capacity.
PROTECT YOUR TOOLS AND YOUR EMPLOYEES
17% of workplace fatalities are due to falls, slips and trips*. Don’t let your employees be part of that statistic. Keep work tools safely on the jobsite with KEY-BAK’s new retractable tool tether.
*according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics
The body of the TOOLMATE glass reinforced impact resistant ABS and features a 60” stainless steel retractable tether with nylon jacket that minimizes snagging or entanglement, and has a workload rating of up to 5 lbs.
To ensure the utmost in safety, we have included a tell-tale in the nylon strap. This allows the unit to be taken out of service until it can be inspected to ensure it is still operable.
Third Party Tested
To further maximize safety, we run all units through a third party testing facility and they are tested to a 2:1 safety factor.
- Maximum Tool Weight: 5lb (2.25kg)
- Retraction Force: 6oz.
- Overall Reach: 60” (1.5m)
- Housing Material: Glass reinforced impact resistant ABS
- Cable Material: Stainless Steel with polymer Jacket
- Internal Spring: Stainless Steel
- Carabiner: Stainless steel swivel carabiner with locking screw gate
- Strap: Nylon Strap with tell-tale
- Serialized: Individually
- Third Party Tested: 2:1 Safety Factor
Features & Benefits
- 60” (1.5m) overall reach and retracts when not in use to minimize snagging or entanglement
- Unit stays in-line with tool for easier handling and smoother operation
- Stainless steel swivel carabiner with screw gate allows tools to easily rotate
- Abrasion resistant stainless steel braided cable with polymer jacket
- Stainless steel D-ring on webbing for additional attachment point